Michelle Obama, who headed to Belfast for this year's G8 summit, is facing backlash on Twitter for her fringes. Onlookers apparently were more concerned with the ill-received styling of her bangs than her speech, the Huffington Post reported. The first lady seems to be growing out her blunt trim and transitioning it to a side-swept ...
A new Twitter account that re-imagines Taylor Swift as a feminist has amassed 80,000 followers in six days The account, FeministTaylorSwift (@feministtswift), is the brainchild of self-proclaimed feminist and Taylor Swift fan Clara Beyer, who is the senior linguistics major at Brown University, ABC News reported. She studied the pop star's lyrics with a feminist slant while addressing issues ...
With the growing mobility of internet, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg discussed potential partnership with Samsung company's president Shin Jong Kyun during Mark Zuckerberg's Asia tour. According to Bloomberg report, the partnership would reportedly focus on advancing mobile-advertising sales. Facebook has been strongly encouraging advertising on mobile. In April, Facebook Home had been ...
Helen Flanagan was held hostage by armed raiders at her 2.8million dollars home after divulging on Twitter that she was home alone as her boyfriend was away on holiday. The former 'Coronation Street' star was traumatised by the late-night ordeal hours after she tweeted that she was missing her beau, Scott Sinclair, the Sun reported. She reportedly told a friend that she could have been ...
Facebook employees have given bizarre answers to a question posted by a question-and-answer website Quora. Quora created, edited and organized by its community of users, had asked a question 'worst thing about working at Facebook' to which the social media giant's employees gave varied and interesting answers. The responses included praise for the free food and drinks prepared by renowned ...
65.3°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the NE at 2.0 MPH Gusting to 13.0 MPH
Fritz Langs M is one of the great film thrillers, a seminal exercise in combining suspense and social commentary. Its influence on world cinema is so far-ranging that its mind-numbing to try to trace it all. Suffice it to say that M is a prototypical masterpiece, po ... ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has been hit with another round of scandal when some of its serving and former personnel were found to be linked with sexist and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook pages. In the earlier scandal, some of the ADF personnel including senior officers who called themselves the 'Jedi Council' were recently involved in a sex email affair, which was perceived as even ...
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped in Rajasthan's Alwar town and the video of the crime then uploaded on a social networking website, police said Tuesday. According to police, the victim's father registered a first information report (FIR) Tuesday with a police station at Alwar, some 150 km from Jaipur. "The man says that a youth befriended his daughter on Facebook. He raped her a few ...
Regcast training : Hyper-V 3.0, VM high availability and disaster recovery Facebook claimed it has - for the first time - surpassed 1 million active advertisers who used the network in the last 28 days. The company ...
June 19, 2013 8:07 a.m. | Bluegrass music filled Humboldt Park last night in Bay View's latest Chill on the Hill concert. But photos, videos and tweets filled the social media sphere as musicgoers shared their ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
The Hawaii Prince Hotel
I took a cab from downtown Waikiki to the Hawaii Prince Hotel. It was only a few minutes, and cost ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Boston StarBoston Star | Independent Boston News Service
The Boston Star is essentially a local Boston newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Boston, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Boston, Massachusetts, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Boston Star.
MOSCOW - Robert K. Kraft, an American business magnate and New England Patriots football team owner, has alleged that Vladimir Putin took away his Super Bowl ring in 2005, an accusation that has sparked a minor international controversy
The Russian president however denied the allegation about the diamond-encrusted sporting prize that he says was gifted to him by the football team owner.
The Super Bowl ring is an award in a National Football League given to the winners of the championship.
Kraft, being honored at Carnegie Hall's Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria, said that Putin took his Super Bowl XXXIX ring when the Patriots' owner visited St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2005.
The businessman had at that time said that he gave the ring to Putin as a gift.
"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin). And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft said at the event last week, according to the New York Post.
"I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."
Kraft added that he had wanted the ring back because "I had an emotional tie to the ring".
"It has my name on it," he added. ...
- Stocks Seeing Moderate Strength Amid Focus On The Fed - U.S. Commentary
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks in mild retreat on Fed day
- Futures Movers Oil edges up before inventory data Fed news
- EADS says window closed for new BAE merger attempt
- Bonds Higher SPs Lower Silver Higher
- Nicklesville draws attention as City Council fights homelessness
- Charles B. Rangel Obamas Syria plan has many dangers
- Punchlines Iran out with the old in with the moderate
- Bait And Twitch Vice Magazine Suicide Glamour And Not Staying Quiet
- Is Lansing serving the people
- UN headquarters in Somalia attacked
- Assange to stay in Ecuador embassy even if charges are dropped
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over phone hacking
- Tewksbury man gets up to 15 years for sex crimes
- Cape Wind project gets $200M investment
- Police search for gunman in Darien Norwalk
- Connecticut gun maker moving to South Carolina
- NH lawmakers negotiate health insurance rules
- Alcohol more dangerous than weed Miley Cyrus
- People not letting Lisa Snowdon forget about times with George Clooney
- Cheryl Cole named star with tattiest tattoos
- Johnny Depp not retiring from Hollywood
- Max George single ready to mingle
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Obama refuses to specify US support for Syrian rebels
- Kitten 1000-mile trip three-week-old Julia Di Sieno
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Brazil to produce H1N1 flu vaccine
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Ian Brady remains chronically psychotic metal health tribunal hears
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Boston Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wifes call leads to husbands arrest in mans hit-and-run death
- Minivan destroyed after GPS leads driver onto MBTA tracks
- Quick spreading virus blamed for dozens of dog deaths
- Predator pleads guilty 55 charges of sex crimes
- Teen avoids jail after distracted driving crash