Singer Will.i.am doesn't have a home despite purchasing properties for several close family members and paying off their mortgages. The "Scream and Shout" hitmaker has never bought a house for himself and calls his recording studio his abode, reports femalefirst.co.uk. "I don't have a home. But I bought my mum, uncle, aunt and grandma their homes," said the 38-year-old. "And then what some ...
Singer Katy Perry says she started dyeing her natural blonde hair black after an attempt to bleach her locks like pop star Madonna went wrong. The 28-year-old said: "I've been dyeing my hair black since I was 15. The whole reason I dye it is that I was 15 and I chopped it all off. I had it bleached blonde like Madonna and it didn't look right so I bought a box of hair dye and dyed it all black ...
The Duchess of Cambridge has been voted the 'fashion icon', while late Hollywood actress Audrey Hepburn has emerged as 'icon of all times' in an online poll. StyleinView.co.uk, a one-stop shop for fashion, has conducted a poll of 2,000 people to find out who they considered the fashion icons of today and of all time. The Duchess of Cambridge, whose maiden name is Kate Middleton, unsurprisingly ...
Britney Spears' sons Sean Preston, 7, and Jayden James, 6, have starred in her upcoming music video 'Ooh La La,' which has been included on the animated movie 'The Smurfs 2' soundtrack. She told the Mirror that she has always loved the Smurfs as a kid and now her boys are the biggest Smurfs fans ever. The 31-year-old pop diva said that her kids were really good on set. Spears asserted that ...
Hollywood actor George Clooney might be dating former wrestler Stacey Keibler, but his ex-girlfriend Lisa Snowdown says he stays in touch with her as well. Clooney dated Snowdown on and off from 2000 to 2005 and Snowdown says they are good friends now, reports contactmusic.com. "I haven't seen him for a while, but we text one another. He is a good guy. There are some people in your life that ...
60.2°F Light Rain
Winds: From the SSE at 5.0 MPH Gusting to 9.0 MPH
Star Wars: Episode IV—A New Hope (Special Edition)
It's hard to assess just how much impact "Star Wars" has had on American popular culture. When it was re-released in January 1997, it became the highest domestic box office earner of all time, surpassing both "Jurassic Park" and the previous champion, "E.T." Yet, to look at its profit margins alone is to miss the big picture. "Star Wars" is so much more than a movie -- it's a piece of the American ... ...
Celebrity cook Nigella Lawson's billionaire husband, Charles Saatchi, has admitted that he assaulted his wife by choking her in public during a heated fight at the Scott's restaurant in Mayfair. Earlier he had described his act as merely a 'playful tiff' with no grip during a discussion where he was trying to 'emphasize' a point, the Herald Sun reported. Saatchi was interrogated for five hours ...
Singer Taylor Swift says while performing on the stage she is distracted by fans with sign boards and she goes off track. The 23-year-old, known for her songs like "Love story", "Teardrops on my guitar" and "You belong with me", starts reading the signs and forgets her lyrics, reports thesun.co.uk. "It's amazing and adorable, but if there's a really long sign and I'm trying to read it while ...
Singer Britney Spears' kids are embarrassed of kissing her in front of their friends. The 31-year-old singer admitted Sean Preston, 7, and Jayden James, 6, from her marriage to dancer-rapper Kevin Federline, don't like to kiss her in front of their friends because they don't think it's "cool", reports contactmusic.com. "My sons are six and seven, so they're just now getting to the stage of ...
The Dalai Lama promoted peace and a pop song during an event in Melbourne. The Tibetan spiritual leader also spoke at the Melbourne Convention Centre to a crowd of about 6000 devotees. Actress Magda Szubanski hosted the event and introduced a pop song in which he features. According to the Herald Sun, introducing the song, she said that it would be pretty cool to see his Holiness at number ...
Singer Avril Lavigne, who is engaged to Chad Kroeger, says she is trying to divide her time between work and wedding plans. Lavigne, 27, will soon release her yet-to-be-titled fifth studio collection, and is enjoying every moment with her singer beau. "I've already been planning the wedding. It's just more meetings than usual, more emails, more phone calls. But it's been good," thesun.co.uk ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
The Strand Palace
I've stayed at this central London hotel many times, so was comfortable in telephoning direct for a reservation. It was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Boston StarBoston Star | Independent Boston News Service
The Boston Star is essentially a local Boston newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Boston, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Boston, Massachusetts, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Boston Star.
MOSCOW - Robert K. Kraft, an American business magnate and New England Patriots football team owner, has alleged that Vladimir Putin took away his Super Bowl ring in 2005, an accusation that has sparked a minor international controversy
The Russian president however denied the allegation about the diamond-encrusted sporting prize that he says was gifted to him by the football team owner.
The Super Bowl ring is an award in a National Football League given to the winners of the championship.
Kraft, being honored at Carnegie Hall's Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria, said that Putin took his Super Bowl XXXIX ring when the Patriots' owner visited St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2005.
The businessman had at that time said that he gave the ring to Putin as a gift.
"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin). And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft said at the event last week, according to the New York Post.
"I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."
Kraft added that he had wanted the ring back because "I had an emotional tie to the ring".
"It has my name on it," he added. ...
- Baffled Liverpool to tell Suarez to stop Madrid pronouncements and make transfer request
- Stocks Could See Modest Strength In Early Trading - U.S. Commentary
- Metals decline as traders wait for Federal Reserve
- Rite Aid High Yield Bonds Slip After Entering Trading Market
- US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St advances for 2nd day Fed in focus
- Timothy R. Clark Graduation advice for my daughter
- Topic of the day Iranian election results
- Who is going to step up and save the Egyptian Theater
- Women in academia thwarted by double standard
- Essay Feed people without destroying the earth
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Snoop gear in set-top boxes may soon monitor TV viewers every move
- Charles Saatchi confesses to assaulting wife Nigella Lawson in public
- Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtimes Penny Dreadful
- Sarah Silverman Aziz Ansari Headline JFL42 Festival in Toronto
- New software helps overcome social phobias through virtual conversation
- Bostons One Fund nears $55M with more than 250 claims
- Hoops stars Maine Hall of Fame induction revoked
- Providence councilor wants Birch oversight review
- Personal banker sentenced to two years in prison for stealing more than $100000 from elderly man
- I dont have a home Will.i.am
- Katy Perry reveals hair colour disaster
- Kate Middleton voted top fashion icon
- Britney Spears kids to star in new music video
- George Clooney in touch with ex-girlfriend
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- US cool over North Korea's latest talks offer
- UK foreign officials including Medvedev spied at 2009 G20 meetings
- WICB president meets regional dignitaries
- Assange Fit enough to stay in Londons Ecuadorean embassy for another five years
- Smoking alcohol trend dangerous that downing a glass or two
- Henry Cavill reveals secrets to getting Superman shape
- Bullying by siblings as harmful as by peers
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Boston Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Putin refutes allegation he stole Super Bowl ring
- Parents charged after children absent from school
- Woman scammed out of $550 for bogus Stanley Cup tix
- Wharnsby Daniel Paille a favourite of Bruins teammates
- Bostons One Fund nears $55M with more than 250 claims